Saturday, December 19, 2009

Personal Project: Quad Speed Skates

A removable hub Quad Speed Wheel concept based on a large Diameter Indoor Configuration

A Carbon Fiber based NTS plate popular Down Under.

Parts Render of the Carbon Fiber Plate.

3 view of Carbon plate.

A second concept with forged cast "hangers" or trucks with a carbon spine.
Clip axle quick release is the only option!


SPEEDSKATING on QUADS



In Littleton Colorado in the early 80's I was an avid speed skater racing on a team throughout the Midwest region. I love to skate and when the Rollerblade was introduced it decimated the "Quad" skate market, and innovation etc. shrunk. Currently there is a resurge in Quad Speed , so I experimeted with a few designs based upon some of the best stuff from the past.


Cheers, THOM


P.S. Anyone interested in quad speed equipment I linked the Skatelog Forum in the title post, where you can always find great stuff.

3 comments:

  1. WOW HOW MUCH ARE THESE GOING FOR!!!! I WANT TO BUY THEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE WHEELS THE FRAMES ARE SWEET !!! WHERE DO I BUY THEM AT YOU CANT FIND THESE ANYWHERE I JUST HAPPENED TO COME ACROSS THIS ON THE WEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael,
    Thank you for your kind words!

    These are just my design concepts at the moment, however I am in process on some new designs for manufacture and distribution, so stay tuned.

    Cheers, THOM

    ReplyDelete