Thursday, January 28, 2010

Project Review: Dreamcatcher

Main Dreamcatcher Icon Image.

The Finished International Trailer Title background.

The Dreamcatcher in a river of blood.[ NOT MPAA friendly]

The Z-Depth Image I created from the 3D model to "bump" the blood model.


Dreamcatcher
"NO BOUNCE NO PLAY"

Client: Castle Rock Entertainment via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Alon Amir, Alen Petkovic
Project Date: Christmas 2001

The first job I worked on for BLT's AV division which I was employee #2 in was with the very talented Alen Petkovic. BLT had just started the division and Alen and I were doing some concepts for Stephen Kings "Dreamcatcher".

I was tasked with a 3D model of the dreamcatcher from the film. I worked off a sketch by Crash McCurrie and built the Dreamcatcher for print and AV use. Eventually the company built a real one using the Native American artisan who built the hero prop for the film.

The only finish I made was in the International trailer at the end title they used the Dreamcatcher behind the title.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment