Saturday, January 9, 2010

Project Review: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow PART I

World of Tomorrow Evil Skull Logo

Whip Robot views


Crab Underwater Robot

Main Robot marching views

Sky Captains Modified P-40


City Comp with flying planes down mainstreet

Project Review

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
PART I

Client: Paramount Pictures via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Rick Lynch, Dustin Stanton, Jeff Barnett, Alon Amir, Zack Ris. Project Date: Summer 2002

We tackled this project very early on when only the demo CGI sample film was finished, and they had just wrapped the live action blue/green screen work. So consequentially there was no footage or assets to use to advertise the film yet.

That is where I come in, I built all the various Iconic pieces we would need for any one sheet concept. Starting with Logo's and type, I moved to the "Captains" P-40 modified to go under water. I built all the main robots as well as some iconic architecture for some generic city shots.

It should be noted that a good portion of the designs were not final when I took on the work at BLT,and I worked from mostly sketches and was forced to interpret some elements in the robots and the P-40's design that were not completed.

Cheers, THOM

If you are unfamiliar with the film click the post title to go to the official site, or paste in this text below:
http://www.skycaptain.com/

1 comment:

  1. Simply FABULOUS! The world needs these files for printing!

    ReplyDelete