Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Project Review: WDI-Paris 2nd Gate.

A BIG 24'x36' original sketch of the hub at the 2nd gate in Paris.

The Main Gate[ Based on the Paramount Entry BTW]


The Second Gate [Park] next to Disneyland Paris

Client: Walt Disney Imagineering.
Art Director: Tom Morris.
Project Date: Fall 1998.

I bounced around at Walt Disney Imagineering for a few years in the late nineties during what was called the "Theme Park Wars", when all the players were building new parks around the globe. Japan, China, now with Dubai.

I jumped over to the Paris team once I finished with the Tomorrowland revision for Anaheim. I worked for about 14 months on a variety of projects, the biggest being the 2nd park next to the Paris park itself. I helped with the tram color and design as well which I will post in the future.

These are some of the main sketches I did to sell the park design to Michael Eisner. SOLD!

Cheers, THOM

Link to the Back-lot tour: http://ridemad.com/backlot-tour-disney-studios-disneyland-paris

No comments:

Post a Comment