Thursday, May 20, 2010

Project Review: Treasure Planet 2002 PART I

The Main Character Captain "breaking out" from the One Sheet.[ Arm was added latter]

A Copy of the Sail Board used in the film

Using a Pre Production sketch to place the Arm and Leg for the Comp idea.

The Captains "Hook" hand.

The Energy Ball.


Project Review
Treasure Planet 2002
PART I

Client: Walt Disney Feature Animation via BLT and Associates.
Art Director: Warren Nung.
Project Date: Spring 2002.

For Treasure Planet the Feature Animation release that was both 2D and 3D, I was tasked with recreating mostly props from the film. I built out the Robotic Arm of the Captain Character along with the Peg Leg. I also built out the jet powered sailboard used by the main character. I did an energy ball and a comp where the character was pushing out from the poster and reaching with his claw. FUN stuff, though it never finished.


Look for other posts in the future!

Cheers, THOM

2 comments:

  1. By any chance, do you happen to have any other concept art of the energy ball that you're able to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not I built it from the film asset screen grabs to match it, and handmade the bump and Boolean shapes myself.

    Cheers, THOM

    ReplyDelete