Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Project Review: Phantom 2040 PART XXV-Logo Designs

The Final Logo from the Series.

Early Development of the Icon Skull shape for the Belt and Logo.

Some Early Phantom Crossed Arm Sketches.

A sketch using the final font we picked early based on a font from
Charles Rennie Mackintosh.


An Art Nouveau themed shield with vines in the backdrop area.

A Sharper version of the Badge shape.


A Simplified version of the Nouveau Logo Shield without the vines and a close to final Phantom Pose.

My Personal Favorite with the Phantom not symmetrical but turned.

Phantom 2040-PART XXV
Show Logo Design Development

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this 25th post on the Phantom 2040 TV Animation series I worked on in the early 90's I focus on the Logo development for the show itself. As Art Director I was able to design the logo as well as develop the overall look and feel of the show, and keeping in the Art Nouveau theme, I put into the design I did some logos that eventually finished for the series.

The Phantom himself was developing at the same time so you can see early versions of his power-cuffs and belt in some of the sketches above. The final color image is a small scan from the Promo Folder I designed of the final logo they picked.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment