Friday, October 22, 2010

Project Review: The Phantom 2040 PART XXVII

A Marker Color Key I did for Sean One who lived in Space and was 12 feet tall.

Sagan Cruz the Police officer character in her typical uniform.

Kit Walker [ aka The Phantom ] in his standard outfit.

Dr. Jak voiced my Mark Hamill was the "shock-jock" of the show.


Rebbecca Madison head of Maximum inc.


Professor Jack Archer Kit Walkers friend.


Phantom 2040-PART XXVII
Character Color Keys

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this 27th post on the Phantom 2040 TV Animation series I worked on in the early 90's , I have a set of marker comp color-keys I did for some of the main characters on the show.

One of the design themes I implemented was that the good and bad characters used a different color pallet, so the good characters tended to go more in the warm earth tone family as seen in Sagan, Kit Walker etc. You can also see I used a cooler acidic green pallet for the bad characters like Rebbecca Madison and Dr. Jak, with the electric greens. and cool reds. Sean One was fun as he lived in deep space so his skin was pale and he was 12 feet tall.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment