Friday, February 11, 2011

Project Review: Austin Powers Goldmember PART I

The Teaser One Sheet with my 3D Logo.


The Payoff Movie Poster for Goldmember with my 3D Illustrated Logo used.


The Final Logo was a three layer Model with a black holding plate, a rounded bevel, and the glitter face.

An earlier 2 layer version with a slight texture on the face and a flat profile.


A 2 layer Logo Illustration I did with the "Chicago" airbrushed look to the reflection
[ I had to make a custom curved reflection map to get it to follow the model]


An early direction with an Austin Danger Powers silhouette.


The first 3D Logo I did for the project was fairly simple and plain.


The Icon for Dr Evil was build in 3D and done in Steel as seen here as well as "Gold".


They used this large Male Symbol for a few comp ideas early in the project.


A straight on view of the Male and Female 60's symbols I built for various comps.


Foxxy Cleopatra had her own symbol that I also did up as a 3D Icon for a few things as well.

I also hung the main logo on a chain and matched a sketch comp done by Suren Galadjian


Project Review
Austin Powers Goldmember

PART I

Client: New Line Cinema via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Warren Nung.
Project Date: Summer 2002.

Nine years back I got to work on one of my favorite franchised, Austin Powers. I loved the first two films and when I came to BLT they were working on the third film, Goldmember.

I did a series of gold logos and various objects from the film as well, including the Dr.Evil Logo in both steel and in Gold. The Logos ended up finishing for the Teaser Posters, the Payoff as well as all DVD and promotional materials.

We had a lot of fun on this campaign, and the final logo is "hung" so to speak with the drop downs below the line.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment