Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Project Review: The Phantom 2040- PART LXXIV[74]-Background-Designs

This sketch was for the front door to Jenna's Dorm building with the wall mounted Concierge Panel Prop.


Trahn is a huge fan of Vaingloria with the poster on the wall in his dorm-room, this is the quick velum sketch I did for the space design. I had about 10-15 minutes.



I did a few versions of Rebecca Madison's office and here is what we ended up with above. This office was a mile up in the building.


This is technically a Mini-BG in that the original is only 3x5. I often had to quickly design out a location for the show, this was done while in South Korea at AniTel Animation Art Directing our South Korean Animation Team.


Phantom 2040-PART LXXIV [74th]
Background Location Designs


Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this, my 74th post on the Hearst Animation Productions hit, The Phantom 2040, a television animated show from 1995, I have put up a new set of backgrounds that I did for the production.

As the Art Director for the series, I was responsible for the look and feel of the series, as well as overseeing the designs for all locations, props , and characters.

For these backgrounds, I had little time to design many location, sometimes I had 10 minutes and sometimes an hour. What you see above is a wide range of backgrounds[ BG's] that I designed for various locations, from 10 minute to 1 hour sketch designs.

The majority above, are around the dorms in the show with Kit Walker and his two collage friends Trahn, and Jenna.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment