Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Project Review: ASTROBOY PART III

I logo design made hollow like a glass box for a comp design by Art Director Joseph Stamper.


For this Astroboy Logo design, I cut a series of glowing channels into the face surface of the model. For the AV FX, we animated the texture across the channel. This version also had 16 stacked plates making up the box in this case.


In this version I took the logo I did for Art Director Calvin Sumler and broke it open and bent the face off for Art Director Chris A. Hawkins.


Another Astro Boy Logo version where I cut lines into the model with some shapes found in the film.


A simple red extruded plate with a light source in the "O" where Astroyboy's silhouette is the cut out.


 A 'Big A' logo done for Art Director Joseph Stamper with a full Astro Boy head in there.



Project Review
Astroboy 2009 PART III
Box Extrusion Logo Designs

Client: Summit Entertainment via The Cimarron Group
Art Director[s]: Chris A. Hawkins, Joseph Stamper, and Calvin Sumler
Project Date: Winter 2008-Spring 2009

This is my third post for the Theatrical Advertising work I perfomed for Astroboy back in 08' and 09' while I ran an in-house 3D Design Department for The Cimarron Group, out of their Hollywood main office. Today I have posted some additional 3D logos I built out for the various comps for the Art Directors at The Cimarron Group.

I cut into a few designs above some 'tech shapes' that would be self illuminated and even animate, for the Motion Graphics portion of the job[ that never came], but for my part I designed the still frame in mid glow for the posters.



I also stacked plates to make up the extruded look as well as even a tapered extrusion in the red example where I thinned out the base extrusion and thickened up the lid area.

I also took the original boxed logo, filled it with Astroboy 'guts' and broke the title through, so Astro Boy could fly through the comp. This is one of my favoirtes. I love interaction of the artwork with the title, it tends to bring them together into one world, rather than feel pasted on the top. Enjoy the project posting!



Cheers, THOM

1 comment: