Tuesday, November 1, 2011

3D Conceptual Designer Thom Schillinger Finishes Year Two!


The 3D Conceptual Designer Design Blog 
Marks Completion of Year Two


It has been two years as of today [NOV 1st ], that I officially launched this design blog for the work I do in the entertainment and other industries as a 3D Concept Artist and 3D Designer.

I thank all my clients, both new and old, for the business that they bring to me, and I am grateful that I get to do what I love for my living. I specifically can thank The Cimarron Group, for closing my 3D Department in OCT 09', because had they kept me there in-house , I would not have this 3DCD design blog, and also would not have moved to a self supporting position that I enjoy today. I also still get a chance to work with the fine folks who remain there at Cimarron, so it is the best of both worlds.

I have now posted 2,931 images from the work I have performed over my almost 20 year career, and I plan to continue the Design Blog moving forward. If you have not tried the Google Search Bar above, on the LEFT, take a spin, it helps sort through the almost 3000 images found on my Design Blog here, and assists you to finds posts quickly for reference.

This year marks the first time a product is to come to market I have had the privilege of designing, and for me the Sure Grip International Avenger, Quad Speed and Roller Derby Skate, is my first product design, or is it Transportation Design, it has wheels!

I also am back Imagineering again for "The Mouse" over at WDI doing Theme Park Designs, I always loved doing work for them, as the end product is a real world design that can be seen and felt, and for a 3D CG artist, that is refreshing!

I have done in the past 8 weeks, a huge volume of work, doing 60+ hour weeks, and working on some big name properties, I have had more fun in the last 60 days than in almost any time prior, and a good portion of the work is with new clients and great new Art Directors. In the weeks and years to come when I am free to post this newest work, I hope you all enjoy it.

Thank you, to all who visit this site, as I begin year three today...


Cheers, THOM


No comments:

Post a Comment