Friday, February 24, 2012

Project Review: Mean Girls 2004: Motion Graphics 3D Logo design

 Round one had clean simple type done in diamonds and platinum for Mean Girls in 2004.

 A shot of the bracelet on black with the satin removed as an alternate for the MGFX design.

 This is the final that finished at 4K for the International Trailers.

 Here is a shot of the final image in quads showing the build.

 A low angle shows off how much I moved the letters around to fit the pink cloth final finished logo for Mean Girls.

  Here is a shot of the quad model showing. the welds I built into the chain links using the nPower tools.

Project Review
Mean Girls 2004: Motion Graphics 3D Logo design


Client: Paramount Pictures via The Cimarron Group.
Art Direction: Michelle Jackino and Erik Counter.
Project Date: Spring 2004.

My very first early Motion Graphics piece from my days at The Cimarron Group from 2003-2009, was done while Michelle Jackino ran the AV division, and I had the pleasure to work with the in-house Predator Erik Counter on Mean Girls.

Mean Girls needed a charm bracelet, fully built as the 3D logo for the piece, so I proceeded to begin my design in 3D. I started very straight and flat, but later on was directed to  really move the letters around so we put it on some pink cloth and I modeled it to conform to the shapes. It ended up finishing for the International Trailers.


Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment