Thursday, May 17, 2012

Project Review:Out Takes PART V Universal City Walk 1992


 One main feature we had was an adjustable table height for the main blue-screen operator and this was a CNC milled girder look as seen in this concept here.


 A dimensional tapered armrest with hidden panels as seen in this design.


 A backdrop with design styling similar to this and this.


 The blue-screen backdrop enclosure with a bit more open space so visitors could see a bit better to go with these.

Project Review

Out Takes PART V Universal City Walk 1992

Client: Out Takes Via Eric Allard at All Effects.
Art Director: Eric Allard.
Project Date Summer 1992

Out-Takes was a blue screen photography studio at Universal's City Walk Outdoor Mall in California, and in my fifth posting today, I have some of the detailed parts drawings as well as some alternate blue screen enclosure designs.

I originally designed about 20 looks, with two l picked. The one that went to manufacture was to match the frame and girder look that the motion controlled camera jig was on, ans the second was a enclosed sleeker look with metal wood and composite materials.

I was on-site in Woodland Hills for about a month for this gig way back in the 90's when I was doing freelance before I went over to Walt Disney Imagineering. I had a great time designing these items and I got to sit in the FX house with all the props from the various films them made every day too...[ Demolition Man, Short Circuit].


PART I is here.
PART II is here.
PART III is here. 
PART IV is here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment