Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Production Design: Raveonettes' Music Video: Heart of Stone The Greenhouse Exterior Design Development PART VI

 Here is the rough under drawing I did with a red grid in perspective and blue-lines as the blocking model.


 Here is the drawing done over the top of the grid and the comp rough, all still taped together.



 The clean Line art as I finished and scanned in to deliver.



A Close Up on the Greenhouse entry and elevator


The final as delivered to Blind.[ a re-post]

Production Design:
Raveonettes' Music Video: Heart of Stone
The Greenhouse Exterior Design Development 
PART VI

Client: Blind.
Art Director: Chris Do.
Project Date: January 2010

Today I have posted my sixth part, in a series on the Production Design work I did for the Music Video Heart of Stone, by the Raveonettes back in 2009-2010, and for todays posting I am showing the 'behind the process', in the creation of the exterior of the main Greenhouse Design used at the front end of the piece.

I had bout 4 hrs for each design and so for this one, I did a fast rough as seen above, and jumped onto the details quickly. I had an interior as well I designed too, so I made sure the two scenes matched up for continuity, a term used in Television Animation to ensure that the designs are logical to each other.

I had such a great time on this, even though it was a super fast work pace. Don't get me wrong, this is very stressful to design something that fast, I turn off all music and talk radio and focus something feirce to get this done in that timeframe, and I am exhausted once I am done.

It all paid off, and I will always be proud of the work I did for this fun music video.

Cheers, THOM

You can view the prior posts below:
PART I
PART II 
PART III 
PART IV 
PART V

The Music Video is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment