Monday, November 19, 2012

MINORITY REPORT 2002 PART II The Eye Clamp

 The main symmetrical front or top down shot on the eye clamp I designed for the posters for Minority Report with a reflection of Tom's eye in there.


 A 3/4 shot on the eye-clamp from the work I did for pitching the Minority Report advertising.


 A slightly tilted forward view.


 And one more 3D render that is now rotated to not be symmetrical with a bit of DOF[ depth-of-Field].


 A multi view showing the basic design.


 A shot of the base mesh[ built all high-poly] not sub-d as I now would tackle this project as.


MINORITY REPORT 2002
PART II
The Eye Clamp

Client: Paramount Pictures via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Rick Lynch, Alon Amir, Ronnie Blumenberg, Jeff Barnett.
Project Date: Summer 2001

I was freelancing for BLT prior to coming in-house there for three years, to build up a 3D Department, and Minority report was a very early project that I had done the badge for here, and they had me move onto a tech medical device that was to be used in the film to remove the eyes of the main character to swap them out to untracable ones.

As with many projects they did not have reference images to send to me of the device, only a shot of something pulling on the eye itself, so I designed out this Medical device for a series of movie poster ideas.

If you look closely, you will see that I used a few parts off the badge directly, including the center and the little 'grills' , as well as following the three pointed concept design established for the badge I mirrored it here in this prop I designed.

You can review PART I on the badge here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment