Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Project Review The Phantom 2040 PART CXVIII [118th] More Vehicle Concepts

 When Kit Walker becomes The Phantom, his hyper-cycle transforms as well to what we see here.


 Here is the original overlay I did for the HERO mode with everything out and ready to go.


 I took a sedan I designed and with a little white-out[ WHAT!] I removed the top and added a quick interior to it as seen in this Xerox sketched over. You can view a multi-view of it here.


 The Mustang Kit drove in full on COMBAT mode for The Phantom 2040. You can see it color keyed here.


 Here is generic flying vehicle I did to fill up a specific shot we had. I created this with a very unique profile unlike the planes and jets we would see up there as well.


Project Review
The Phantom 2040
PART CXVIII [118th]
More Vehicle Concepts

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.



Today in my 118th Phantom 2040 posting, I have found some scanned in images of vehicles I did for the series to review back in the early 90's. 
As a Transportation Design Graduate we dream of future vehicles to design, and this was a great time in my design career to be able to have the creative freedom that is afforded in sci-fi projects, along with being the Art Director on the project, I also got to approve all my ideas as well!

All of Kit Walkers vehicles transformed when he transformed into The Phantom as well so I have a few of these to share today.

 If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group for that....  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment