Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Project Review The Phantom 2040 PART CXIX [119th] More Vehicle Designs

 Micro Cars and Cycle Cars were all over Metropia, especially at the dorms where Kit went to school, and here is a final inked line art drawing I did. The rough is here to see.


 Another micro car I designed and also inked above. The sketch is here.


 A little campus police vehicle I designed for the Phantom 2040 series. A color Key for this is here.


 Here is the internal detail sheet for Maxwell Madisons Hyper-Limo. You can see sketches here, here, and here.


Project Review
The Phantom 2040
PART CXIX [119th]
More Vehicle Designs

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.



Today in my 119th Phantom 2040 posting, and I had found some more scanned in images of vehicles I did so here are a few more today to show.
I had to create unique designs for various vehicles for the show, and for some like Maxwells Hyper-limo above I had a good day to work out the inside and multiple views. But for most, I only had about 30-45 minutes to do the design and move on.

Animation for television, especially a lower budgeted show like this only affords a short time for these background props. They usually are not even designed for most shows and the animators overseas in Korea will just make them up, but we wanted a bit more control of the design.

As a Car Design Major at ACCD, this was my staple sketching subject so I was able to get these designs into production fast and accurately.

I even did the final inks above myself to help out the prop department when they were bogged down with other designs to ink.

 If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group for that....  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment