Monday, February 11, 2013

Project Review: Lucky Number Sleven 2005- Motion Graphics 3D Firearm Build.

 A hero shot of the Beretta Cheetah model I made for Lucky Number Sleven Motion Graphics work back in 05'

 The firearm is now turned toward camera in this render.

 I modeled the checkerboards and cut them into the grip so that is modeled not a bump-fake.

 A works-eye shows the clip in place, as this was a 360 spin model with about 70% X-Ray inside workings as well.

 This Polygon shot shows the NURMS conversion to tri's.

 Here is a side shot of the geometry of the 3D asset I built out for the Motion Graphics for Lucky Number Sleven.

Project Review
Lucky Number Sleven 2005
Motion Graphics 3D Firearm Build.

Client:Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer-MGM
Art Direction: n/a.
Project Date: Winter 2005.

Back in 2005 while in-house at The Cimarron Group, a Theatrical Advertising Agency in Hollywood,  I was tasked with building out a very detailed Beretta Firearm for use in a teaser trailer for the film Lucky Number Sleven. I had build a few handguns in the past,  so this was another one under my belt to create so to speak.

I downloaded blueprints cut aways and some good photos so I could begin the build. I made this as a high-rez model built out of NURMS using Npowers Power-Nurbs modeler.

We did some close up moves on the gun as a wipe element for the trailers, a fun exercise in modeling and a bit of animation as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment